Wednesday 12 June 2013

Wed. evening

I am camped in the RV park, very close to the centre of  Fairplay. This is not due to the tourist office, who seemed to have limited knowledge of campsite locations. They sent me down a dirt track to the reservoir, a place I would not want to spend the night on my own. At the RV park I have spent the evening with Janice and Tom, learnt all about gold panning in the area, and been given a meal in their camper van. Plus the promise of a cup of coffee before I leave in the morning.
       The fires persist, and I was lucky to get through yesterday. Mark and Julie have been given a lift to Guffey- 57 miles via a vertigo inducing dirt track, as the tarmac road remains closed.
    I am in my tent.There is a river behind me,  Sounds around me remind me of the Lake District. It is very relaxing and I should sleep well.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment