Sunday 9 June 2013

Sunday 9th June

Ordway to Pueblo  55 miles

    Pueblo is a large place.It really is a city.There are large freeways, traffic lights and ring roads. To reach here I passed 2 correctional facilities (prisons), a large chemical works and the airport. A train passed me carrying at least 60 trucks of coal (I lost count after 60).
      I got my first sight of the rocky mountains as a haze in the distance: they have been growing closer. Tonight I am staying in a motel, as are Julie and Mark and various other cyclists plus, I think, Tom and Jana are due to arrive. I will get my bike checked out  in the morning before the next stage- crossing those high silhouettes in the distance.
    Apparently we are having 'drinks' at 16.45 and then going out for a Mexican meal.!

No comments:

Post a Comment