Friday 7 June 2013

Friday 7th June

103 Miles from Scott City to  Eads  ( 61 in Kansas and 42 in Colorado

     A great day's cycling with the wind in my favour. Initially passing through grain country for about 15 miles before one small town, where the grain silo was visible on the horizon. It looked like a lighthouse from a distance. Farm machinery outlets indicate that the town has arrived. There are rows of shiny new, green John Deere tractors. Then as I approached Colorado, the landscape gradually changes: things look dryer. The green diminishes and scrub land takes over. The arable fields give way to livestock.
     I passed into a new time zone, and have gained an hour. I am now in mountain time, but the mountains which I will have to cross are still some distance (and days away).
     I  have booked into a motel. There are a couple of other cyclists staying here as well, who are riding a tandem.

No comments:

Post a Comment