Friday 31 May 2013

Friday 31 May

A zero mileage rest day in Pittsburg.
  Tomorrow I will have been cycling for 4 weeks and have cycled over one thousand and five hundred miles.
      I have spent the day resting (I fell asleep for 2 hours this afternoon) and visiting the Laundromat - which, of course, was at the other end of town. I walked down the main street called 'Broadway' to reach it.
There are a lot of empty shops plus lots of pay day loan places and pawn shops. I did find a second hand bookshop -however, it sold mostly cowboy stories and romantic fiction and Stephen King made up the 'classical section'! I was excited to find that my motel is next to a yoghurt bar but I would class what they sell there is really just ice cream! Thundering again outside but will be back cycling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment