Wednesday 22 May 2013

Weds evening

70 miles to Marion

Am staying in the Methodist church. Upstairs in a very comfortable sitting room. Church is downstairs, so is the church hall which is being used for an exercise class I have just been out for a Mexican meal with Simon, a young cyclist from Brighton - who will travel much further than me tomorrow. Plus I managed to find a shop which sold some fruit.
      Some good roads today plus some busy ones. A lorry pulled up in front of me and the burly driver jumped out, I thought I had done something wrong, but no, he was rescuing a turtle from the other carriageway!
      I am finding it hard to have a break when I cycle. Every time I stop, people talk to me ,and want to know everything about me. "Wow your from Scotland and your travelling through Clay" (the name of the town). Good thing I know something about farming as all the men want to know what crops we plant and when etc etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment