Tuesday 7 May 2013

Tuesday 7th May

Last night I was camping for free behind the fire station. No facilities except a loo and washbasin. The only shop was attached to the gas station and had NOTHING in it of any nutritional value. So to eat I went to the cafe , which means burgers. I can not remember the last time I ate a beef burger!.  Anyway it came about 2 inches thick with prime beef, cheese, iceberg lettuce and tomato, plus various dressings. I am sure that it was probably one of the best burgers you can get - but give me my vegetables and fish anyday! (food chart I ate three quarters)
       When i got back to my tent the fire engine was called out, so i was told I could use their shower while they were away. Torrential rain in the night, plus very noisy- the railway track was close by and very long goods trains passed in the night hooting loudly in a USA train way (like in "My Cousin Vinnie").

    Today only cycled 53 miles into Charlottesburg and a hostel,as still pouring with rain. Yesterday I passed through old tobacco estate land with clapboard houses,and wooden Baptist churches every five miles. It felt very Southern. Today have been passing vineyards and brick Baptist chapels. A lot of ups and downs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah we're with you and following. That sounds like a wild night but we know you' ll take it in your strideIt is morning here just now so just a quick message before work. Keep. Pedalling girl! Lots of love kim and paula

    ReplyDelete