Saturday 18 May 2013

Saturday 18th may

54 miles to Harrodsburg. That did, however, include a detour of 3.5 miles down a 4 lane highway to check out the playing fields, where I could apparently camp. This turned out to be large area filled with teams playing American football so did not seem right for a tent. For the first time on my trip I am staying in a motel. It is not expensive and does mean I can charge up my electrical gear.
          Harrodsburg appears to be the county town for Mercer county in Kentucky. It has  large buildings, built of brick, many with columnbs at the front.There, is a large judicial building and law courts. The brick library appears to take up about 4 times the space of our local Inverness library, but being late on Saturday afternoon, was closed.
      Have had a walk around the town and eaten an enormous salad in a trendy cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment