Sunday 26 May 2013

Sunday 28th May

Farmington to Johnson's Shut In's State park.  40 miles with add on's

I began by cycling to Walmart to stock up on supplies. Then it was initially a busy road out of Farmington before a great cycle up a valley to the Black River, which has its source in the Ozark Mountains. I went to the national park visitor centre, and am now camped in their walk in area. so well away from the RV's. I have also been sitting in the river on the smooth rocks, but it was too shallow to swim.


                                                   SOUND

Throughout my trip sound has been with me. Sometimes it is the distant rumble of traffic on a freeway. My favourite time is the early morning when the countryside is waking up. I hear the birds in the woods and frogs croaking. I think I hear wild turkeys (there are plenty but I have not seen any). But maybe I just imagine that.
       As the morning progresses I hear people. The Southern twang has gone and there is now a Midwest drawl. It is holiday time and I hear children, sometimes they wave to me as I cycle past. The music too has change now cars pass playing rock music as well as country. One past playing the Rolling Stones ("Start Me Up")
       I hear gun shot to the left and 2 deer run for their lives to the woods on the right. I speed up - fast over the hill into another area.

No comments:

Post a Comment