Saturday 20 July 2013

Sat. 20th July.

Centralia to Elma. 40 miles    (includes back trips to shop and the like)

   The R.V. park I spent last night in had a distribution centre behind it, so I could hear fork lift trucks manouvering  pallets of wood before I fell asleep. In the morning, a very irate man seemed to be having a 'run in' with someone over the fence about a missing dog. Still, everyone was friendly to me and the shower was good.
    Not a long cycle as there is a hostel in Elma, so I had not planned to go further. A nice ride through farmland  I did pass a prison style borstal on route. When I reached town the only cafes were burger joints, but I settled in the 'Eagle's Nest', had a burger and waited for Ruffie, who I have not seen for a couple of nights, to catch up! It was a great place run by a great team. They wanted to know all about the U.K.  I had to leave some coinage for them to show the children in Sunday school.
   It was then on to the hostel where I am camping. Then back to the shop to get supplies. Ruffie and I have had spaghetti bolognaise followed by yogurt and peaches brought from a roadside stall.

No comments:

Post a Comment