Saturday 13 July 2013

Sat. 13th July.

Coburg to Monmouth. 58 miles.

The campsite last night was next to the interstate junction. There was a large trucker's park nearby.
However, I slept soundly in my tent and was not kept awake by either the traffic, or the baby which apparently cried all night. A town of two halves, because as I cycled out of Coburg, it seemed to be full of antique shops.
     My ride today took me through farm land. Loads of hay were being transported on the road, with bits blowing off in the wind. Plus I was cycling through fruit growing country. Farms had small stands at the end of their drives selling peaches, apricots, blueberries, tomatoes, and raspberries. I stocked up!
     Then it was in to Corvallis and there was a market by the river  - more fruit and home made pizza with spinach and lots of veggies on, plus home made cakes. Cyclists were everywhere. There was a 'Cycle Oregon' event on. I then passed some orchards of pear trees, which made the main road  and the heat of the day better.
   

The one drawback to the day was the wind. I am cycling against the prevailing wind - which means straight into it- and it is strong! I tagged along behind Bobby,Thane and Ruffy for a while, but they are faster than me. Plus I like to explore the market!
   Tonight I am in farming land, so no campsites. I have had to splash out on a motel!  I might even see what is on the T.V.!

No comments:

Post a Comment