Tuesday 30 July 2013

Competition

Arrived home with no problems. I boxed up the bike at Tacoma Airport on the Tuesday. Was given a lift into Tacoma by Rene, who had watched me, whilst waiting for her lift home from airport.. In Tacoma I was picked up as arranged by Kaisa who took me home. I was given a great meal then we went for a walk along the sound, with views over to a wooded island. Next day Kaisa gave me a lift back to the airport on her way to work.
    I was given an upgrade by Icelandair to economy comfort, which meant more leg room and free meals! Bike arrived ok. Could not find the delivery agent who was meant to take it up the road, but left it at a bike shop in Paisley, where Willie says he will bring it up to Fort William when he next comes.
    I was home by 6 p.m. on Thursday evening in time to ice  Mum's cake. Then it was down to Cumbria on Friday for her 90th birthday celebrations.

  COMPETITION

For 10's and under. Draw a picture of me and my bike. Put name, address, and age on the back. Send to the Highland Hospice (Sarah's cycle competition), or give to me. Prize will be3 a tee shirt with cycle picture on it. Closing date 23rd August. Please if you have not already done so give a small donation to the Highland Hospice. Thank You.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, You never met me but myself and Gerry , 2 guys from Ireland were a few days behind you on the Trans am , we finished in Florence on July 20 th .We followed your blog most days and enjoyed your comments and facts .I am thinking of writing a book on our great adventure and would like to use some of your interesting facts .would that be ok with you? Thanks Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about you two from Simon, and from a Finnish girl whom I met (and overtook) early on. Sure you can quote me as long as I get credited for any quotes. I had a great time and am sorry the rip is over. Back to work next week - crap!

      Delete
  2. HI Sarah, I met you super briefly outside the library in Darby, MT (not sure you remember, but I had lived in the UK also, and always had wanted to do a cycle trip!) about 80 odd miles south of Missoula... You had told me about adventure cycling in Missoula and, just talked to me a little about your trip. I did follow and read more on your blog too!!!! Wonderful! So.... seems like I will also be doing a trip cross country and back by bike starting early July!! So I thought I'd share this with you. http://vagabonditinerary.wordpress.com/ is our website! Will be going with a companion! :-) And am unbelievably excited! Thank you for that brief conversation! I never forgot it!

    ReplyDelete