Saturday 20 July 2013

Friday 19th July

Longview to Centralia.  64 miles.

  Dennis cycled/lead me out of Longview to Castle Rock, before heading round to go to work at the paper mill (where I think he controls the computers which run the plant!).That was really nice of him as he took me a pleasant route off main roads. I then followed a quiet route following the Cowlitze River towards Toledo. Just before town, there were traffic works and I got another puncture. I wheeled my bike to a house (which sold antiques in the barn (really a lot of old tatt), changed the inner tube - no problem! quite an achievement! Then was invited in to lunch by the owner. She had been making jam, so we had to test it - very nice.
     The route then became very hilly, and the day which had been overcast became hot. I was not hurrying, I reached Centralia from a very quiet direction and then was a bit stunned by the size of the place. Plus the roads! I hit Safeway for supplies and then went out to the R.V. park to camp. It was not until this point that I looked at my watch. It was half past seven a at night. So where did the day go?

No comments:

Post a Comment